05 June 2012

Saturday .


After a lazy Saturday morning spent with my mandatory pot of tea (Earl Grey of course!), I rugged up and headed down the street for my mandatory morning coffee.  With my latest Country Style magazine in hand (it was delivered a couple of weeks ago but this was the first chance I had to open it), I spent the morning sipping my latte and dreaming of living in one of the beautiful country homes staring back at me from the pages.  The thought of having a huge veggie patch all to myself, along with lots of fruit trees and neighbours that I can't see, and most importantly can't hear, puts a big smile on my face.  Ahh one day!

Also knowing that a big bowl of Parsnip and Split Pea Soup was waiting for me at home made this past Saturday an absolutely blissful day.  A perfect Saturday in my book.
 


From the Weigh it Up website (yes, I am still participating in the 8 week challenge, although not as successfully as I'd hoped), this particular recipe caught my eye.  I love a soup with guts and the split pea and spices is a perfect match with the parsnip.  Topped off with a dollop of yoghurt.  Delicious!



3 comments:

  1. This sounds good and hearty. How long did you soak the peas and rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know to soak them for around 30 minutes. This was really yummy. I ate it with some Woolies sourdough loaf with seeds and grains (it has pumpkin seeds on the top). I also dolloped the yoghurt and had some coriander so used that. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed Sheli. I loved the sweetness of this soup and it's so filling, it will keep you going for hours!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!