05 July 2012

Over red meat ?


I can't believe I'm about to write these words, but I'm a kinda over red meat! 

The thought of buying it, cooking it and most importantly eating it, is not appealing to me at all at the moment.  I haven't quite worked out why?  Maybe I've eaten my quota? 

I was actually a vegetarian for years during my 20's until I came home one night to find my flatmate cooking some sort of beef dish (can't remember what the actual dish was anymore) and that was the end of me.  I was back into red meat full throttle.  I'm sure I ate a whole cow during those first couple of weeks.




So this is the reason why this Vegetarian Chilli (recipe adapted from Valli Little's Delicious Quick Smart Cook Cookbook) dish was made one cold Wintry day recently.



And can I just say, it hit the spot!

5 comments:

  1. Teehee, whereas I just cooked red meat for the first time in over a year! It's funny how different things can appeal so differently at different times. Enjoy the vegetarian-ness! To be honest, that's still the way I incline most of the time, so I'm loving the look of this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you can only eat so much meat! It's always good to have some yummy vegetarian meals! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah - maybe we're maintaining the overall meat consumption at an even level by swapping. Go us!

    Thanks Riley - agree whole heartily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look so nice =D
    I'd like to try it next time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday: Chillies. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!