30 June 2013

A tough tart . . .



A lemon and mascarpone tart, gluten free style. 

A tart I made for a lazy Sunday catch up with some girlfriends over bubbles and laughs.

I was determined to make everything edible by everyone - this included one of my girlfriends who is gluten intolerant. 

I made this tart 3 times.  Gluten free flour sucks!

My friend ended up cancelling......




~  ~  ~

Finely grated zest and juice of 4 unwaxed lemons
4 large free-range eggs and 4 egg yolks
200g mascarpone
215g maple syrup or honey
25cm shortcrust pastry tart case , baked and cooled, but still in its tin


Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees.

Combine the lemon juice and zest in a small bowl.  In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the yolks together until pale and fluffy.

In a third bowl, bean the mascarpone until smooth and creamy.  Fold it into the eggs along with the maple syrup and mix in the lemon juice and zest, stirring until everything is thoroughly combined.
Pour into the tart case and bake in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour.  Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.

~  ~  ~




Recipe from Love Bake Nourish by Amber Rose

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos but sympathies about gf flour - I find that commercial one works best in recipes that use very little of it such as brownies or an aussie sponge cake but I have had gf pastry look a complete mess - though my mum has done better with it and I wrote a recipe for it somewhere the looked promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna, it was such a pain the backside that it's made me determined to get it right...although I'll wait till my patience level has returned back to normal.

      Delete
  2. I think you should have posted this one as a challenge to others. S.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!