10 January 2014

Elegant Everyday Eating : Chicken with Hummus




Would you believe that once upon a time I was a vegetarian.  I actually forget this little fact about myself as I'm now such a lover of meat.  Smoother a perfectly grilled piece of steak in bernaise sauce and I'm your friend for life.

However for many years I would turn my nose up to any and all meat.

These days, I tend to eat red meat maybe 2 times a week, however chicken is steadily getting a more regular apearance in my diet.  Always concerned about dry, tasteless chicken, I'm constantly on the lookout for new recipes.  Quick, simple and tasty new recipes actually, and here's one I think you might like...I did!






Chilli Chicken with Hummus
(recipe originally from I Quit Sugar)


~  ~  ~

Serves 2

coconut oil or butter, softened for frying
4 chicken thigh fillets
 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
 8 tbsp hummus
2 lege handfuls of spinach leaves (or salad leaves of your choice)
1 lemon, halved



Heat a frying pan on a very high heat.  Trim fat from chicken and bash with your fist to even outtthe thickness.  Rub with a little oil and sprinkle with chilli.  Season with salt and pepper and sear with theoiled side down for 3 minutes.  Turn ad cook for another 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  Smear hummus over the base of 2 plates, top with checken and serve with the spinach leaves and lemon.

~  ~  ~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!