03 February 2014

Secret Recipe Club - February !




Welcome back Secret Recipe Club! 

You've been well and truly missed.

And my very first secret blog for 2014 that I'd like to introduce to you all to is the beautiful Love and Flour

My first statement about this blog is that it has been a little while since my draw has dropped when visiting a blog.  Secondly, it's how I'd like my blog to grow up and be exactly like.  The words, the photo's and the lovely simplicity of it.  The elegant simplicity.

In one word.  Wow!



So after picking up my jaw from the ground I soon discovered my recipe for a hot February day in Melbourne.






Peachy Quinoa Salad

(see original recipe here)








As you can tell, I'm now Love and Flours' BIGGEST fan.  Even more so now that I've added this beautiful salad to my Summer repertoire.

Did I mention it's Summer here?  Have I mentioned how hot it is?  Thank God quinoa cooks in a matter of moments.

Thanks Love and Flour.  I'll be back to stalk you soon.
x




28 comments:

  1. That salad does look delicious! And I'm really intrigued by the peach and tomato combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pola - something delicious about adding peach to this salad, especially with the creamy avocado as well.

      Delete
  2. Now I can't wait for the peachy summer season so I can make your quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks truly amazing Leigh! It will be so much fun to make when peaches come back in season again, or I may cheat and use frozen in the meantime, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just remembered why you are getting summertime fruit; it IS summer for you, Leigh. Can't wait for it here, too. Beautiful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly Summertime down here Camilla and it's hot! Perfect salad for the weather.

      Delete
  5. This looks fantastic! I am so ready to be done with winter, especially since it's snowing as I write this...
    Great SRC pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I'd give to be in the snow right now...can we swap?

      Delete
  6. Really beautiful salad: healthy, hardy and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh peaches! YUM! What a nice surprise in the middle of our snowstorm today. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You poor things - we keep hearing about how cold it is over there at the moment. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  8. what a lovely salad! great choice for SRC. i can't wait til peaches are in season again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Not only does it sounds wonderfully flavorful, your pictures are beautiful. The lighting is so soft and lovely. I'll be making this soon. I love finding new and interesting quinoa recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one beautiful salad ... perfect for these warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delicious salad. I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful choice for the SRC
    I can't wait for peaches to come back in season to try this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Leigh. I am truly flattered by your kind words. But I have to say, I think your blog has grown up to be just as you had hoped; it is lovely and elegant.

    I am glad you enjoyed the recipe as well. We are in the dead of winter, and reading about your hot summer days made me wistful for better weather here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome LeAndra - I'm a big fan! :)

      Delete
  14. This salad looks AMAZING! I love quinoa and have had it with strawberries but not peaches. I must try this! Beautiful photos, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - fruit and quinoa just seem to work so well together don't you think. I don't think it matters what fruit you use! :)

      Delete

Love to hear from you!